End of day status, January 9, 2014.
We made it through G4-051 today, though the problem with the rotary transformer dragging continues to reoccur. However, we just found that if we put our finger on one of the switching relays for read/write that are on the head assembly and push gently, the problem goes away. This is good in that we know that there is a mechanical problem NOT associated with the bearings. Much easier to fix or just deal with as replacing the bearings is a far more difficult task.
So, we are half way through Lunar Orbiter IV!
426 tapes to go!
Status update, early afternoon, January 9, 2014
So far so good! Got 038, and 041 rerun and am now running G4-046. Still wanna hit that half way mark today! Right now we are at 431 tapes to go!
Status update, late morning, Jaunary 9, 2014
Well, yesterday was a challenging day. Some tapes worked just fine some had the problem with the head dragging. Kenneth Zin kept readjusting things and it looks like this morning things are running well. Only got through G4-042 yesterday and it looks like I am going to have to rerun G4-038 and G4-041. Grrr, I hate backpacking!
Hopefully today we will get through G4-051. When we hit that milestone we will cross the halfway point for Lunar Orbiter IV!
Austin reminds me that our productivity is at an all time high but I am just obsessed in getting this done now so am spending all of my time running tapes. We are probably closing in if not already passing, the 100,000 frame let point!